Including your phone system in your re-opening checklist is a strategy that should not be overlooked; in fact, it can be key to a successful transition back to business as usual. Customers have had to depend on the internet for information throughout the lockdown. Frequently, details on hours and availability have been inaccurate, so people are choosing to call instead. Manage your customers’ routine questions on the front end with professional greetings. The writers at On-Hold Marketing can create the right tone for your messages about re-opening expectations. And be sure to check out our talent samples to choose a voice that reflects your business model.
Of course, increased call volume means that there will be many times when you have to place your callers on-hold. Now is not the time for a hard sell strategy. Many sales and marketing experts are carefully beginning to pitch their businesses re-opening specials. But, at this time your hold line focus should be on educating the customer, making patience and compassion a key feature.
In addition, your on-hold program can be a way to give away value to your customers free of charge, so do it. Yes, money is tight, so that doesn’t mean that you need to give away your products/services. More than ever, your customers want personal, expert advice and information or solutions to problems. And the value of that is immeasurable.
Not sure what you’d say? Here are some tips on content for your scripts.
- Does your re-opening strategy require customers to make an appointment?
- Do you have strict, monitored, covid-19 distancing and mask mandate measures in place?
- Or, maybe your approach is more relaxed, counting on customers to keep their social distancing to stay safe.
Knowing what to expect helps to ease customer frustration. And there’s a bonus. A happy customer means a more pleasant day for your staff as well.
- Offer educational content to help callers make the most of their purchase.
- Toot your customer service horn. Let them know that you will follow-up with them after their purchase to find out how you can continue to serve them. Who knows: you may have more products to sell them.
- And, don’t forget to motivate customers to give your business a review on social media because word of mouth is key.
The writers at On-Hold Marketing have the expertise to create scripts that give callers information in a way that’s easy to understand. This is an important step because it helps build trust in your business showing that you really care about the customer, not just the sale. The result is a loyal customer now during re-opening and down the road when business returns to normal.
Contact us today and let us help during this challenging time.
“There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.” – Travis Biggert, Chief Sales Officer at HUB International Mid-America