As a copywriter, we’re very much familiar with “writer’s block”. You know, when your brain decides to stop coming up with new ideas and all creativity slows down. However, new and inspiring ideas are all around us. When it comes to updating your On-Hold script, we’re all ears. Maybe you already know what sales or promos you’d like advertised for the coming season but for those that don’t have a clue how to freshen it up.
Here are 5 new ideas for your On-Hold script!
- Social media presence: If you haven’t already noticed by now, almost everyone is online through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and more! Make sure to let your customers know that you’re also available online and/or you have information about your company. This could include your products or service offerings through these social media outlets. Plus, your customers can stay up-to-date on the very latest news. They’ll be the first-to-know about upcoming sales, promos, and more!
- Contests/promos/sales/new products or brands: Maybe you’re launching a new product or service, or perhaps an upcoming sale? Don’t have all the information readily available to advertise? No problem. You can always do a “stay tuned” feature, so your callers can be given a heads-up that something exciting is indeed on the way. You can also advertise fun events and/or contests. It’s a great way to invoke caller curiosity. They are sure to ask for more information once their call is picked up.
- Bio of employee: Do you have a stellar employee that you’d like to recognize? Want to show someone off or highlight an incredible team member? Not only will the appreciation boost company morale, it will also show your customers a more personal side to your company. A side that shows your company wouldn’t be there without the hard work of highly-skilled and valuable staff.
- Trivia/riddles/jokes: These are tried and true tactics to keep people entertained while holding. Quotes by famous people are also fun and can be inspiring and uplifting for the caller.
- Sound effects: Not only do we have a huge library of licensed music and professional voice talents, we can also add some cool and fun sound effects to really make your production pop!
The choices are yours and they are endless!
Speak to one of our scriptwriters for more details and they will be happy to add these new ideas into your On-Hold script. Get a unique on-hold message for your phone lines today!.
“I can’t understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I’m frightened of the old ones.” – John Cage