Chances are there is an under-used marketing tool sitting right on your desk. Impossible you say? How about your telephone! Everyone knows that call handling is a crucial part of managing customer relationships. So why not eliminate the dreaded beep or silence on your hold button? Treat your callers to a customer experience that generates brand recognition and customer loyalty.
Very often the telephone’s potential is overlooked. This results in callers being left dangling on-hold. They quickly become annoyed and wondering whether they should just hang up and go elsewhere.
Invest just a tiny fraction of your marketing budget for a professionally recorded message and music program. The result will make a huge difference in caller satisfaction. And best of all, the process does not have to be complicated, expensive or time-consuming. Just reach out to On-Hold Marketing and our experienced team of professionals. The set-up is simple and the benefits can be far-reaching.
The right on-hold message will help your business by:
- Letting your callers know you care about them and their time.
- Creating a professional, trustworthy image.
- Saving you time by providing answers to repetitive questions.
- Increasing awareness of your products and services.
- Alerting callers to specials and events.
Not sure what you would put in that message?
Here are 5 tips for effective messages that will help increase sales.
1. Feature Your Company
- Tell your caller what sets you apart from other businesses.
- Mention products or services unique to your company.
2. Special Promotions and Events
- Advertise your sales specials.
- Provide interesting information on industry news.
- Promote an event or a new product or service.
3. Social Media and Internet Presence
- Mention online features that appear on your website.
- List all your social media accounts.
4. Location and Hours
- Let callers know the address of your company.
- Inform them of your regular business hours and holiday hours.
5. Highlight Your Expertise
- Showcase your talented and experienced staff members.
- Feature testimonials, business accolades and more.
Program your phone to provide some much appreciated help; give callers the information they’re looking for. And you will see that hold time seems so much shorter. In addition, callers get answers to mundane questions to free up staff time. And most importantly, they will feel like your business cares about their time.
Happy callers make loyal customers and that generates repeat business. Of course, happy customers will also give you positive recommendations on social media. And, of course, rave reviews mean more business.
Check out our article ‘Use On-Hold to Educate Your Callers’ . This article explains how to use your phone lines to keep your callers interested. Or, why not just contact us today. Our staff can make suggestions and answer any of your questions. Plus, we do all the heavy lifting! Your phone can be an invaluable asset, so why not make it work for you!
“The best marketing doesn’t feel like marketing.” – Tom Fishburne