Getting the script right, choosing the correct voice that will work with your company’s brand and adding the perfect music piece…that’s what makes a great on-hold production. Here are some tips for creating a great on-hold message for your business:
- Keep your listeners (mentally) tuned in longer than they usually would with interesting facts, new product information, current sales, upcoming events, etc.
- Include regular refocus moments by keeping your information short and adding frequent music breaks.
- Provide your caller with a relaxed audio experience, so people actually listen (and keep on listening).
- Silence gives the caller a signal to hang up! Make sure your on-hold production is seamless with no silence between music and information.
- Divide your ads into small segments. Press the caller’s ‘mental reset button’ at one-minute intervals, or, with today’s many distractions, even every 30 seconds – with a catchy music break.
- To keep listeners hooked and make a natural transition from one genre to another, you can ask a question. Interesting questions are great teasers to keep people tuned in, by creating a desire to know the answer.
- Of course, you want your voice to sound professional; balance that with authentic natural talking people to make your hold line and your ads sound more human.
- Certain phrases in your paragraphs should acknowledge your recognition of the caller’s valuable time and your sincere appreciation for their call. (“Your call is important to us; please be assured we will be right with you”).
The team at On-Hold Marketing will ensure your on-hold production is perfect in every way. We’ll ensure the script, the voice talent and the music meet your company’s brand and needs! Contact us today to help you with your company’s on-hold message.
“A change in sound is a great ear catcher to reset the audience’s attention span.” – Thomas Giger