Need some tips on how to keep your hold messages up-to-date? A little while ago you finally decided it’s time to treat your callers to music and interesting info about your company while they wait on hold. Now, you have the perfect message; the music is great and the voice just right. What benefit is there in taking time out of my busy schedule to worry about updating my script?”
You have carefully crafted your script to reflect your company’s image. And yes, that is definitely a huge step up from having silence, canned music, beeping or a radio station that might advertise your competition. But, the fact is nobody enjoys hearing the same thing over and over again. After all your business likely has repeat callers. For example, your favourite song gets old fast after you listen to it too many times.
At On-Hold Marketing we suggest monthly updates to your message so callers will be informed of current news and promotions at your company. Don’t have monthly promotions going on? A quarterly refresh might be perfect for you. It still lets your callers know your company is progressive and in tune with the seasons and with the latest and most accurate information in your industry.
Don’t miss out on improving customer satisfaction and optimizing your on-hold marketing tool for additional revenue. Here are 5 quick tips we suggest keeping your hold line message up-to-date.
- Subscribe to On-Hold Marketing. We take the responsibility of reminding you when it’s time for some new info with regular e-mails and courtesy calls. Therefore, you have no need to put this job on your “to-do” list.
- Don’t be afraid to delegate. Assign the job to someone other than the owner! You will be amazed by how many employees want to get involved with the company to unleash their creative side.
- Keep On-Hold Marketing up-to-date with your company’s comings and goings by simply adding your On-Hold scriptwriter to your newsletter list or other marketing media. We’ll take it from there.
- Ask your On-Hold scriptwriter to automatically send an updated script seasonally; it’s the perfect starting point for updating your hold message.
- Even if you’d like to keep the same information on your hold line, there are other ways to keep your message lively. Change up the music genre or the voice talent, or ask us to re-word the content so it sounds new! Be open to your creative side.
At On-Hold Marketing our scriptwriters are able to craft content in ways that really let your callers know you care. And of course the added benefit to that… an increase in sales. So don’t delay. Update your message today! www.onhold.on.ca/contact
“Just as established products and brands need updating to stay alive and vibrant, you periodically need to refresh or reinvent yourself.” – Mireille Guiliano